Founded in 1993, Clango is a leading Identity Security and Enterprise Application Services consulting firm with offices in Arlington, VA, Minneapolis, MN, and Johnstown, PA. Our Identity Security Services Team works with industry leading tools on projects from Advisory and Roadmapping, through Deployment to O&M and Managed Services. Our Enterprise Application Team has decades of experience deploying COTS and building custom solutions on-prem and on major cloud platforms. Our Identity Security services are specialized in, but not limited to, SailPoint, ForgeRock, CyberArk, Thycotic, and Okta on while our Enterprise Application team focuses on large-scale full stack, Java, .Net, and Low-Code solutions as well as automation and microservices for DevOps engagements.
About the Job:
Clango is seeking candidates for the position of Proposal Writer. This individual will be based in Arlington, Virginia and will work with the senior members of the sales team, management team, subject matter experts (SMEs), solution architects (SAs), and other content contributors to author compliant, compelling, and responsive proposal response volumes/sections. While Clango has a large library of previous content to work with, successful candidates will have the desire and ability to create new content based on research and internal discussion with SMEs. Clango welcomes candidates who can add value to the overall team operations through process management and by suggesting or implementing innovative process improvements, however the primary focus of this role is proposal content generation.
- Apply knowledge of industry best practices to ensure proposals conform to high standard of quality
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities in RFI, RFQ, and RFPs
- Write clear, compliant text to meet RFI, RFQ, or RFP requirements
- Coordinate requirements with contributors, and provide proposal status information in review meetings; translate solutions into effective business proposals
- Rewrite proposal sections to change unclear or non-compliant text into readable and grammatically correct English; edit content for clarification and consistency
- Apply layout and other desktop publishing skills and evaluate and enhance text and graphics
- Maintain quality results by using templates and following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone
- Maintaining proposal support databases
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers
- Meet internal and proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates that are consistently met for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Understand company service offerings, experience, and capabilities
- Employ interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills in collaboration with diverse groups
- Experience with Federal Government contracting in the IT field and developing content for all volumes of typical federal proposals
- Ability to translate complex ideas into easy-to-understand text
- Can estimate time for proposal deliverables and adhere to schedules
- Advanced MS Word and Adobe skills & proficient in MS Office
- Understand proposal databases
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English OR Technical degree in the IT or engineering fields
- Proposal management certification or courses highly preferred
Clango is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume!